Another weekend of racing is coming up at Lake Doucette Motor Speedway this weekend following on the heels of a big race weekend that took place on Aug. 4.
The Aug. 18 race day at the track is Fan Appreciation Day. Races and activities get underway at 1 p.m. There will be lots of giveaways happening that day, along with prizes to be won. (See the Lake Doucette Motor Speedway Facebook page for more info.)
The most recent race day was held Aug. 4 and included the Bruce Honda second annual ‘Showdown on the Shore’ East Coast Mini Stock Tour race event, in addition to the Lake Doucette Motor Speedway heats and feature races.
The following are the Aug. 4 Lake Doucette heat results:
• 4cyl Women : 1st #11 Rachelle Muise; 2nd #22 Tam MacPhee; 3rd #73 Barb Morris
• V8 Stock : 1st #81 Colin Boudreau (Rookie); 2nd #37 Shaun Burke; 3rd #101 Willard Hurlbert
• 4cyl Men (A): 1st #16 Ed LeBlanc (Rookie); 2nd #26 Kyle Boudreau (Rookie); 3rd #28 Dave Roberts (Rookie)
• 4cyl Men (B): 1st #33 Matthew Deon (Rookie); 2nd #94 JJ MacPhee (Rookie); 3rd #22 Shay MacPhee
• Sportsman : 1st - #47 Kyle Hines; 2nd - #53 Steve MacPhee; 3rd - #95 Mike Banks
In the heat races the checkered flags picked up by rookies Colin Boudreau and Ed LeBlanc were their first checkered flags of the racing season.
The following are the results of the featured races:
• 4cyl Women: 1st #0 Natalie Robillard; 2nd #73 Barb Morris; 3rd #22 Tam McPhee
• V8 Stock: 1st #101 Willard Hurlbert; 2nd #37 Shaun Burke; 3rd #56 Glen Muise
• 4cyl Men: 1st #22 Shay MacPhee; 2nd #42 Doug Townsend; 3rd #33 Bird
• Sportsman: 1st #53 Steve MacPhee; 2nd #56 Paul Morris; 3rd #37 Shaun Burke
The Lake Doucette Motor Speedway also extends thanks to Tim Terry for being a part of the racing day, and extended thanks to Bruce Honda and Endurance Roofing Construction Ltd. For their sponsorship of the Showdown on the Shore event.
SHOWDOWN ON THE SHORE
Lake Doucette Motor Speedway hosted round five of nine races of the Passione Flooring & Interiors East Coast Mini Stock Tour, which travels from one end of Nova Scotia to the other during the racing series. The race at Lake Doucette marked the halfway point of the third season for the series.
The winners were:
1st #51 Jesse Deveau of Greenwood, NS
2nd #99 Dave Matthews of Kennetcook, NS
3rd #71 Neil Miousse of Kentville, NS
Also racing in the series this season is local racer Shay MacPhee of Yarmouth.