- Makes: 1 serving
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Ready in: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Bourbon adds notes of caramel and vanilla to this holiday twist on a Moscow mule, while applecider brings it to the sweeter side. Ginger beer has more zing than ginger ale, but you can use ginger ale in a pinch.
- Per serving: 220 calories, fat 0 g, sodium 10 mg, carbohydrate 39 g, fibre 0 g, sugars 36 g, protein 0 g
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC Honeycrisp Sweet Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) bourbon (1 oz)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) PC 100% Pure Maple Syrup Canada Grade A Amber
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC Jamaican-Style Ginger Beer
- 1 slice crystallized ginger (optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add apple cider, bourbon, maple syrup and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously 15 to 20 seconds.
- Strain into PC Stemless Red Wine Glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Thread crystallized ginger onto wooden cocktail skewer (if using); place in glass.
Chef’s Tip: Leave out the bourbon for a non-alcoholic version.