King Charles III breaks silence after cancer diagnosis – NBC New York

appeared first E! reality

King Charles III is speaking out for the first time since revealing he is battling cancer.

On February 10, five days after Buckingham Palace announced the monarch's diagnosis, the 75-year-old released a personal letter to the public.

“I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the many outpourings of support and well-wishes I have received in recent days,” the monarch wrote in a post shared on the royal family's Instagram page, which also featured a photo of 2023. King greets well wishers. “As anyone affected by cancer knows, kind thoughts like these are the greatest comfort and encouragement.”

King continued, “How sharing my own diagnosis has helped to improve public understanding and shine a light on the work of all the organizations that support cancer patients and their families across the UK and the wider world. Their tireless care and commitment is a result of my own experience.”

He signed his letter, “Charles R”—his royal cypher, which stands for “rex,” the Latin word for “king.”

King Charles III's Path to the Throne

His letter was printed on letterhead that read “Sandringham House,” the name of the King's country home in Norfolk, England.

King—who had lived for many years before him at Clarence House in London He ascended the throne in 2022 Following the death of his mother Elizabeth II, he accompanied his wife to Sandringham by helicopter Queen Camilla Feb. 6.

Both have also visited their country estate since February 4 Attend church service on Sunday. On February 5th, about a week later King was released from the hospital after a procedure to treat an enlarged prostate, Buckingham Palace announced that the monarch had been diagnosed with an unnamed cancer. (Palace said NBC News It's not prostate cancer.)

See also  College basketball picks, schedule: Predictions vs. spread, odds for SEC-Big 12 Challenge 2023

“During King's recent hospital procedure for a benign prostate enlargement, ​​​​a separate concern was noted,” their report read. “Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer. Her Majesty has today begun a routine schedule of treatment, during which time she has been advised by doctors to postpone public engagements.”

According to palace officials, the Princess of Wales will be hospitalized for up to two weeks following abdominal surgery. The news comes shortly before the palace announced that King Charles III will undergo surgery next week.

Hours before Charles and Camilla arrived at Sandringham, the monarch met his son Prince Harry, who had flown from California to London – where he lives with wife Meghan Markle and their children. Prince Archie4, and Princess Lilibet2. After a brief visit, the Duke of Sussex returned to America, where he Presented an award at the 2024 NFL Honors event In Las Vegas.

Meanwhile, the monarch's eldest son and heir, Prince William, recently thanked the public for their support for his father and his wife, Kate Middleton. Recovering from abdominal surgery.

“I want to take this opportunity to thank Catherine and my father for the messages of support, especially in recent days,” the Prince of Wales shared at London's Air Ambulance Foundation gala on December 7. “It's a big deal for all of us.”

A day later, Camilla gave an update on the King's well-being During a public appearance at a charity concert at Salisbury Cathedral, England. Per telegramHe told an air ambulance worker, “He is doing very well under the circumstances. He is very impressed with all the letters and messages from the public from all over. It is very gratifying.”

See also  Drones Continue to Target Moscow Region: Ukraine-Russia Updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *