The Digby Area Tourism Association (DATA) Annual General Meeting took place last week.
The meeting was to inform members and the public what DATA has accomplished over the last year and what they will continue to work on this year.
Some important facts to take away from the meeting:
- A new board member was elected at the meeting. DATA welcomes Darren Carey, the new owner of Bear River Vineyards.
- After speaking with businesses offering accommodations in the area, booking numbers are already up for the 2018 season.
- DATA is working on creating a Familiarization Tour (FAM Tour): DATA will educate local businesses about all there is to do in the Digby Area. This way if a visitor asks anyone where to go or what to do in the area, they will get an answer.
- The new visitor information guide was released last month. The guide was designed by DATA board members.
- A new program is running this summer on the Fundy Rose called Digby Friday’s. DATA members will have the opportunity to book a Friday throughout the summer to showcase what their business experience has to offer.
- In partnership with TourismNS, digital marketing with professional videos and photos of our area is being shown in Canada and throughout the New England states, as well as in every major VIC in Nova Scotia.
None of DATA's accomplishments could be done without the support of their key partners: the Municipality of the District of Digby, the Town of Digby and Bay Ferries Limited.
DATA would like to thank their members and supporters for the continued support year after year and would like to invite all businesses in the area to join. The DATA board of directors works entirely on a volunteer basis and everyone in the area benefits from tourism.
“You won’t find a more enthusiastic group who all love the Digby Area and all that it has to offer,” said Mary Tibbetts, secretary of DATA.
DATA can be reached at their email firstname.lastname@example.org or by visting their website http://www.digbyarea.ca