DIGBY – Medibus is trying to come back to Digby County.
© John DeMings photo
MediBus business manager Jennifer Murdoch wrote a letter to the Warden of the Municipality of the District of Digby on Oct. 10.
In the letter Murdoch asked for and received permission to use the parking lot of the municipal offices in Seabrook starting in mid-November.
However Murdoch contacted the Courier on Thursday, Oct. 29 to say they still have a few more hoops to jump through before they can set up here on a regular basis.
“We just learned yesterday that there are some new health authority rules that we weren’t aware of and we are still aiming for the target date of mid-November but we aren’t ready to make an announcement yet. We don’t want to raise expectations at this point.”
- Read more special articles:
- Medibus frustrated: Dr. Buchholz says Nova Scotia Health Authority ‘not interested’
- Medibus meeting with Dept. of Health about coming back to Digby
- MediBus update and access to test results
- MediBus billing hits Health department roadblock
Staff with the mobile health unit are holding a flu clinic in Seabrook tomorrow (Friday, Oct. 30) from 1 to 6 p.m.
The bus is currently undergoing improvements according to Murdoch’s letter and so MediBus has asked and received permission to use space inside the municipal offices for the flu clinic.