Chimney fire on Lighthouse Road

Jonathan
Jonathan Riley
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Digby firefighters extinguished a chimney fire on Lighthouse Road today, Wednesday, Jan 23.

The homeowner succeeded in controlling the fire by closing the air intake.

Firefighters climbed on the snowy roof, knocked off creosote form the sides of the chimney with a ball and chain and cooled the chimney with a special chimney nozzle that sprays water in several directions.

The temperature was about -12ºC with westerly winds of 28 knots giving a wind chill value of -25ºC.

jriley@digbycourier.ca

Geographic location: Lighthouse Road

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments